Age: True ancient, appearance varies
Race: Dark Fallen Mogduain, Infernal Anduain
Appearance: any form he chooses but his eyes are always their true color.
True Appearance: black hair, wings, and claws, sienna colored brown skin, lean, tall (6'7) extremely handsome, hairless body, silver eyes with gold flecks, exudes appeal, hair is long, curly, and very satiny
Scent: whatever most intoxicates each individual's olfactory.
Levels: 40-Paths, 42-Inborn and Special Abilities, Reflex Level=Innate Defense
History: click here
The angel and demi-god of deception, the antithesis of Belorian, Belial is the Infernal Anduain. He is uncommonly attractive and seductively deceptive and tempts others to deceive one another and even themselves. When riding into battle he drives a chariot pulled by two Hell Raptor dragons. One of his aspirations is to bring about the fall of Belorian and the Arcanon into Acheron. Belial served Lucifer in Haman, posing as an angel of swords and was cast down with him during the first rebellion. He chose thereafter to serve always in Acheron under Lucifer. Belial brought the fall of Niall (Aeros Nystori) long ago.
Belial has 0 transient deaths or true deaths over his head. As such he has never suffered a loss of memory or had his power diminished by a loss of knowledge and physical prowess.
Belial is not a fighter. In battle he uses illusions to trick and deceive the enemy; to aid his allies is achieving an advantage. His dragons defend him while doing so. Though he respects warriors, he has no desire to be a warrior himself, which in his opinion and from what he has seen is the quickest road to a tombstone and very messy business. Though Belial has been known to run from a physical fight to avoid a conflict, he is no coward and will defend himself, even kill when necessary, by arcane means. He simply has no desire to learn combat. He does not carry weapons of any kind on him.
Residence: Lair of Belial in Acheron, and Sage Wood Shrine in the Eternal Wilderlands.
His lair is in the 7th Circle of Acheron in the Capital City. A stairway from one of many side streets leads to his lair's entry. Only Belial or the Morning Star can enter his lair unless he invites another to enter. His lair is well furnished but cavernous in its structure, with multi-stepped levels. Braziers lit by everlasting flames illuminate and warm the place, snuffed only by covering them. When uncovered, the flames leap back to life again. Belial quite likes his lair.
The shrine is thirty miles southeast of the Lake of Shadows. It is an elegantly built but ancient and weathered tower against a hillside surrounded by trees almost as tall as it is. Moss and lichen discolors the shrine's light grey stone in places and ferns and even small bushes spring up from crevices. The shrine is very tall and has many ledges and sheer faces alike. A stone bridge crossing a lively creek leads to the first floor's entrance. The first floor is just a large empty room with a round pool at the center. A ramp spirals up against the walls to another chamber 60 feet above the pool, where there is an antechamber. Within; statues stand in nooks against either wall with a wide aisle between them. The statues are of various demons, angels, and gods which are followers of chaos. The aisle ends at an atrium where a stone table stands between two stairways which lead outside to a single wide stairway at the top of the hillside the tower is against. There is a tranquil garden atrium on the roof of the shrine with pools of pure healing water and fruit trees on the 80 feet above the second floor temple which can only be reached by flight or by climbing the tower. Only one route reaches the garden, all other climbs result in dead ends. Other chambers and secret gardens in the shrine are hidden and can only be accessed by words of power or hidden doors. There are also secret chambers in the basement of the shrine.
Paths: (Unlimited) Ilusory Veil, Chronomancy, (add as many additional paths from arcane, path of chaos, and elemental spell books as you can handle and think suit him)
Inborn: Telepathy, Telekinesis, Presence
- High Charisma: +8, very influential and charming, tremendous sex appeal.
- Extremely Wise
- Extremely Intelligent
- Supernatural Reflexes: +8 reflexes
- Innate Defense: reacts reflexively to being attacked, reflex level=defensive level
- Way of Death: Belial must die with a sword in his hand which he has wounded another with; all other deaths are transient
- Way of Death Unknown: no one knows about his way of death which is protected against divination and mental probes. Belial does not even know his way of death.
- Knows Belorian's Way of Death: captivity without a window to the outside world, needs sunlight and fresh air. Death in One Year.
- Great Knowledge Gained as Visionary: Belial is extremely wise and his knowledge is vast (55% chance that he already knows or discovers any called bit of information or knowledge that is not protected against divination)
- Metaphysical Sight: sense power, auras, alignment, spirits, and moods.
- Visionary Dreams: Random or invoked dreams which fortell of things to come.
- Visonary Following: Visually and audibly following something happening elsewhere as it happens, often feeling sensations of that following realistically.
- Oracle: ability to invoke visions of things to come, and at time present and past events.
- Innate Elemental: elemental control and command comes naturally (50% XP cost on elemental paths)
- Spirit Form: cannot be harmed by physical means in this form and can transcend physical barriers. Cannot be seen in this form unless corporeality is willed.
- Healing Touch: +1 d6 per level plus arcane bonus.
- Self-Resurrection: Resurrections occur without any aid if an underworld trial is successful.
- Transient Death: any death that does not come about by their way of death, or geis, is only temporary, and does not subtract from their 3 resurrection limit.
- Morph Wings: retract and protract wings at will.
- Morph Claws: +16 damage.
- Morph Fangs: +8 damage.
- Shapeshift: into any chosen form.
- Quantum Projection: project power, illusory, and quasi-real illusions,and fabricate through mental imagery and command.
- Telekinetic Command: as willed once mastered.
- Haste: improved movement.
- Quantum Leap: travel dimensions, planes, and time lines through the quantum universe.
- Planes Walk: phase from one universal and paradimensional plane to another
- Unsensed Presence: Presence cannot be sensed unless they desire it to be.
- Dream Coursing: As if in a dream the spirit leaves the body to journey to near or far destinations, where the spirit can interact physically if desired with people or things, and even transfer physical things from one place to another through their spectral actions. Actual actions can be mistaken for a dream by novice Anduain or Mogduain.
- Regeneration: These immortals have self-healing regeneration, which means they cannot heal by spells, only by their own power of regeneration.
Kuscau: Guard and dragon mount, angel form and red dragon form (fallen angel of swords).
Hemesh: Guard and dragon mount, angel form and red dragon form (fallen angel of swords).
Info: Both of these angelic dragon shifters are very loyal to Belial and will do most any task, however mundane or difficult, he asks of them. As dragons they serve as guardians, mounts, and herald him into battle on his chariot. Belial can summon them at will.